- 2015 Habilitation in Materials Science at University of Duisburg-Essen: “Investigation of polar structures in relaxor ferroelectrics by piezoresponse force microscopy” and a colloquium on: “Energy harvesting using the pyroelectric effect”.
- 2000 Ph. D., Physical Chemistry, L.Ya. Karpov Institute of Physical Chemistry Moscow, Russia
- 1995 Graduated, Solid State Physics, Moscow Engineering Physical Institute, Russia, w. Distinction
Research and Professional Experience:
- 11/2009 – present Lecturer and senior researcher at Faculty of Engineering, Institute for Material Science, University of Duisburg-Essen, Essen, Germany.
- 01/2005 – 10/2009 Researcher at Department of Physics, Applied Physics, University of Duisburg-Essen, Duisburg, Germany.
- 08/2001 – 12/2004 Postdoctoral researcher, Department of Ceramic and Glass Engineering, University of Aveiro, Aveiro, Portugal
- 06/1995 – 07/2001 PhD student, junior researcher, researcher at the Laboratory of Oxide Materials, L.Ya. Karpov Institute of Physical Chemistry, Moscow, Russia
- Study of functional materials with ferroelectric, piezoelectric, and electrocaloric properties.
- Investigation of nanoscale properties of functional materials using scanning probe microscopy techniques.
- Investigations of multiferroic materials: study of coupling between polar and magnetic subsystems (magnetoelectric effect); search for new types of magnetoelectric materials.
- Synthesis and characterization of composite functional materials.
Significant Awards and Honors:
Gottschalk-Diederich-Baedeker-Preis-2016 for the best Habilitation in the natural and engineering sciences at the University of Duisburg-Essen in 2015.
Reviewer for various scientific journals including “Nature Materials“, “Physical Review Letters”, “Physical Review B”, “Applied Physics Letters”, “Journal of Applied Physics”, “Ferroelectrics”, “Journal of the European Ceramics Society”, “Journal of Physics D: Applied Physics”, “Smart Materials and Structures
18 invited talks at international scientific conferences
Cumulative Total Number of Articles Published in Peer Reviewed Journals:
More than 140 papers in peer reviewed journals, three book chapters. H-index=31, number of total citations > 3300
Postgraduate students supervised
Total number of PhD students supervised/co-supervised, 5